The Junior League of Knoxville is pleased to announce the opportunity for students to apply for a scholarship to support achievement of their post-secondary educational goals.
Junior League of Knoxville scholarships are available to any female high school senior seeking to pursue an undergraduate degree at an institution of higher learning and is intended to provide financial assistance for college. Scholarships are awarded up to $5,000. Applications are due by April 9, 2021.
Through its scholarship program, the Junior League of Knoxville endeavors to reward the efforts of young women in the Knoxville community who likewise show a commitment to bettering themselves, their peers, and the community as a whole through educational achievement and community involvement.
- Who is eligible?
To qualify for a Junior League of Knoxville scholarship, you must:
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be a female student expecting to graduate this year from a Knox County, Tennessee, high school and enroll in a full-time undergraduate degree-granting program or a two-year college program.
- How are awardees selected?
- The Scholarship Program Committee evaluates applicant eligibility based on academic achievement, community involvement, and funder focus.
- The Scholarship Program Committee convenes and makes final award recommendations.
Scholarships are not renewable and are only applicable to one school year.
- What is the application process?
To be considered for a Junior League of Knoxville scholarship award, you must provide the following items:
- Completed scholarship application, including one essay
- One letter of recommendation (school counselor/teacher/community leader–non-family)
- Official transcript of grades (most recent high school transcript for seniors)
- Acceptance and/or affirmation of application to a college/university (if available)
- What is the application and selection timeline?
The following are tentative dates for the Junior League of Knoxville Scholarship Program:
April 9, 2021: Deadline for all application materials
April 16, 2021: Completion of application review by Scholarship Program Committee
April 23, 2021: Awards Notification
May 4, 2021: Awards Disbursement at Junior League of Knoxville General Membership Meeting
Location: Hunter Valley Farms: 9133 Hunter Valley Lane, Knoxville, TN, 37922
- How will I be notified about whether or not I am selected to receive an award?
All applicants will be notified about the Junior League of Knoxville’s decision regarding a scholarship award in writing no later than April 23, 2021.
Start the application here.
You will be prompted to begin your online application, and will be required to submit detailed information regarding your work experience, voluntarism, and an essay in the application. Your progress will not be saved; be prepared to start and finish in one sitting.
Recommendations must be submitted separately here.
Scholarship applicants must obtain one statement from an instructor, school official, or community leader who is familiar with the applicant’s academic work and/or community involvement.
Ensure your official transcript and school official certification has been received by April 9, 2021. Download here.
Download this form to certify student information by a school official. Complete and send directly to Junior League of Knoxville in a sealed envelope. Please provide the data requested below and attach an official transcript of grades to this form. An official transcript and certification form are both required to be considered for scholarship and must be received by April 9th.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]