The Junior League of Knoxville is pleased to announce the opportunity for students to apply for a scholarship to support achievement of their post-secondary educational goals.
Junior League of Knoxville scholarships are available to any female high school senior seeking to pursue an undergraduate degree at an institution of higher learning and is intended to provide financial assistance for college. Scholarships are awarded up to $5,000. Applications are due by March 1, 2022.
Through its scholarship program, the Junior League of Knoxville endeavors to reward the efforts of young women in the Knoxville community who likewise show a commitment to bettering themselves, their peers, and the community as a whole through educational achievement and community involvement.
- Who is eligible?
To qualify for a Junior League of Knoxville scholarship, you must:
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be a female student expecting to graduate this year from a Knox County, Tennessee, high school and enroll in a full-time undergraduate degree-granting program or a two-year college program.
- How are awardees selected?
- The Scholarship Program Committee evaluates applicant eligibility based on academic achievement, community involvement, and funder focus.
- The Scholarship Program Committee convenes and makes final award recommendations.
Scholarships are not renewable and are only applicable to one school year.
- What is the application process?
To be considered for a Junior League of Knoxville scholarship award, you must provide the following items:
- Completed scholarship application, including one essay
- One letter of recommendation (school counselor/teacher/community leader–non-family)
- Official transcript of grades (most recent high school transcript for seniors)
- Acceptance and/or affirmation of application to a college/university (if available)
- What is the application and selection timeline?
The following are tentative dates for the Junior League of Knoxville Scholarship Program:
March 1, 2022: Deadline for all application materials
March 6, 2022: Completion of application review by Scholarship Program Committee
March 20, 2022: Awards Notification
Awards Disbursement may be held at Junior League of Knoxville’s Black Dress Ball on April 9, 2022 at The Foundry (747 World’s Fair Park Drive, Knoxville, TN 37902) or at Junior League of Knoxville’s General Membership Meeting on May 3, 2022 at The Pavilion at Hunter Valley Farm (9133 Hunter Valley Lane, Knoxville, TN 37922).
Award recipients will be notified with award disbursement details.
- How will I be notified about whether or not I am selected to receive an award?
All applicants will be notified about the Junior League of Knoxville’s decision regarding a scholarship award in writing no later than March 20, 2022.
Download the application here
Please send the completed application, essay question response, recommendation, certification by school official form, and official transcript (in a sealed envelope) to the address noted below. All application materials must be postmarked by March 1, 2022.
Junior League of Knoxville Scholarship Program
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1428
Knoxville, TN 37901
Ensure your school official certification form and official transcript (in a sealed envelope) are included with your application. Download here
Download this form and have a school official certify your student information and attach an official transcript of grades (in a sealed envelope). Scholarship applicants will include the school official certification form along with their official transcript (in a sealed envelope) as part of their application package. An official transcript and certification form are both required to be considered for scholarship and must be postmarked by March 1, 2022.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]