The Junior League of Knoxville is pleased to announce the opportunity for students to apply for a scholarship to support achievement of their post-secondary educational goals.
Junior League of Knoxville scholarships are available to any female high school senior seeking to pursue an undergraduate degree at an institution of higher learning and is intended to provide financial assistance for college. Scholarships are awarded up to $2,000. Applications are due by March 7, 2020.
Through its scholarship program, the Junior League of Knoxville endeavors to reward the efforts of young women in the Knoxville community who likewise show a commitment to bettering themselves, their peers, and community as a whole through educational achievement and community involvement.
- Who is eligible?
To qualify for a Junior League of Knoxville scholarship, you must:
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be a female student expecting to graduate this year from a Knox County, Tennessee, high school and enroll in a full-time undergraduate degree-granting program or a two-year college program.
- How are awardees selected?
- The Scholarship Program Committee evaluates applicant eligibility based on academic achievement, community involvement, and funder focus.
- The Scholarship Program Committee convenes and makes final award recommendations.
Scholarships are not renewable and are only applicable to one school year.
- What is the application process?
To be considered for a Junior League of Knoxville scholarship award, you must provide the following items:
- Completed scholarship application
- One typed essay
- One letter of recommendation (school counselor/teacher/community leader–non-family)
- Official transcript of grades (most recent high school transcript for seniors)
- Acceptance and/or affirmation of application to a college/university (if available)
- What is the application and selection timeline?
The following are tentative dates for the Junior League of Knoxville Scholarship Program:
March 7, 2020: Deadline for all application materials
March 18, 2020: Completion of application review by Scholarship Program Committee
March 21, 2020: Awards Notification
May 5, 2020 at 6:30 PM: Awards Disbursement at Junior League of Knoxville general membership meeting located at Hunter Valley Farms
- How will I be notified about whether or not I am selected to receive an award?
All applicants will be notified about the Junior League of Knoxville’s decision regarding a scholarship award in writing no later than March 21, 2020.
Download the application here.
Please send this completed form, essay question response, and recommendation to the address noted below. All application materials must be postmarked by March 7, 2020.
Junior League of Knoxville Scholarship Program
ATTN: Misty Parker
520 W. Summit Hill Drive Suite 1101
Knoxville, TN 37902
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]